Tuesday, July 04, 2006

World Cup Update: Unhappy Germans


A bet there are a lot of unhappy Germans right about now. That is too bad. I was rooting for them, since the Italians should have lost to the US.

Will be smuggling in a load of hot dogs to the local minor league baseball game tonight which also features fireworks for the 4th. Looks like it might rain though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have loads of fun. (I hope you chased that little black dog away)

Perry H. said...

Hope you get that game in, looks like rain, ugh!!

And I heard Brandon Backe was pitching, cool.

Ugh, what is the black dog thing? lol, I'm clueless as Abby is cute!

Rebecca said...

Very sneaky, bringing hot dogs in. Its kind of like bringing candy to the movies-its really the American way!

:| raven |: said...

hope you and your family had a good time at the fireworks. it poured rain here for a good hour or so .. and we played outside in it. it's always good to dance in the rain once in a while.

then it stopped and we just came in from watching fireworks.

Angela O. said...

hope you had a good 4th--sure looked rainy over here--but the fireworks came out afterward--as did all the local police!

Chris said...

See note in previous section about black dog. Aggie explained it. Just got back and had a good night. They got the game in even though it rained some. Brandon Backe did start and I got a couple good pictures of him. There was a fabulous fireworks show.
Pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a good game, but Italy played a tick better than Germany. Really, several saw this coming, although the Italians played their trick in the last minute of overtime and grabbed a victory. Even the first half provided an inkling that the Italians had some things up their sleeves. Well, I don't think Italy has ever made it this far in the world cup.

My suggestion for revenge: find a real Italian pizza restaurant and, when the final game on Sunday takes place, call in with a huge order of to-go pizzas - they will have to work and cannot watch the game ; )

yes, my name is Mark, not Marco...

Anonymous said...

Here is an article on the game: http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,425093,00.html