Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Astronauts Gone Wild

This is just too wierd. It would be too wierd for teenagers. For someone who apparently had so much going on it just makes you scratch your head. Huh?

One point no one seems to be making is also that adultry is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). This is a separate law that members of the military live by. So anyway a court martial awaits her and her astronaut lover, too. The other lady in the triangle might be ok as far as military law goes if she and he were not married to someone else. I have not read anything about that.

When I was on a ship in the Navy there were only men aboard and it was a totally sex free environment, which helped everyone focus on the job at hand. One of the reasons I left the military was that they were starting to mix men and women on the ships, which I thought was a rather bad idea from practcal standpoint when you are months at sea and it is difficult to remember what your spouse looks like without consulting the picture. Events like this encourage me to maintain my opinion.

6 comments:

Amy said...

And that's why I didn't join the Navy. That, and the fact that I look really washed out in white.

Anonymous said...

LOL! It obviously doesn't take months away at sea for some people to stray. She seems to have become a little unbalanced ... anyone her age that takes to wearing nappies ... well you got to wonder?

Angela O. said...

It's a sad situation completely.

I'm surprised about the adultry against the uniform code; I remember one friend that had been in the army and her stories were quite wild . . .

Chris said...

Actually she seems a lot unbalanced! It is sad, but also hard not to laugh about the diapers.

What is wierd is you think somewhere around New Orleans she would have woke up and asked herself, "What am I doing!?!"

Amy said...

I thought the same thing, Chris. It's a long enough drive to gain perspective. They say you should count to ten before acting on impulse. She had time to count to ten a thousand times over and still acted rashly.
Ha Ha. I guess it's easy to act "rash"ly when you are wearing a diaper.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she got diaper rash? That would make her rash!