Friday, February 02, 2007

Super Bowl Weekend

So I can not believe that the NFL will not let churches have a Super Bowl Party. Even our church cancelled our party. Bad NFL!

I would boycott it, especially since the All Blacks are not in it this year, but I would hate to miss the commercials.

Speaking of Super Bowl(tm) commercials, Nationwide has one that is already controversial. It features the airy bottomed Britney Spears' soon to be ex Kevin Federline in one of those life comes at you fast ads. You can see a preview here.

So anyway apparently the fast food association is up in arms because they feel the that the ad is demeaning. Personally I think it is hilarious. You have to admire those who can laugh at themselves and apparently Kevin can.

"Ferderline! Fries!" - cracks me up every time.

11 comments:

Angela O. said...

That's your church--I am considering taking my daughter to the Nicole Nordeman concert at the end of Feb. My coworker is going with a few girlfriends too.

Anonymous said...

Shame you won't get to see the All Blacks play. LOL!
The Federline advert was a hoot.

Amy said...

There is no shame in working fast food, but I am sure that even the fast food industry would agree that nobody finds themselves working the fry station and thinks, "I have finally arrived. This is what life should be about."

Chris said...

NFL says, it is ok now.

MYSTIC said...

HOW RIGHTOUS OF THEM....

Sarah said...

I want to go to the Nordeman concert as well. I think the commercial is hilarious.

Karen said...

Oops. We showed it on our screen. We did not charge admission though so I guess we are okay.

Kristi said...

Good that Federline is finally able to laugh at himself.

Its not an easy thing to do.
I always laugh at myself when i realize my blonde is showing a bit too much. Or I wish i could kick my own ass.
Depends on the mood

Chris said...

I think I liked the auctioneer for a minister commercial the best.

Angela O. said...

So did the Federline commercial get shown after all? I didn't notice it . . .

Chris said...

Yea I think they played it in the 3rd quarter.