I go up to do the talk and the sound is just awful. Too soft for about 10 min. Then they boost it up, and there is this rumbling noise the whole time. Someone actually sent me e-mail during the talk saying that they were interested in the subject, but could not hear a thing I was saying.
So I am giving my talk and this guys' laptop is locking up on me and I can not keep the slides coordinated. Then at one point the video gets all messed up. I was like the audio/video jinx or something. It gets fixed, but then locks up again. It was just horrible. The second half of the talk I am just racing through it to get off stage.
A guy actually greats me as I get off stage, "That really sucked, but I am still interested in your project."
And therein lies the silver lining. As bad as the presentation was, people so much identify with the problem I am trying to solve and my solution to it that they were still interested in it. I exchanged several business cards with people who were interested, so we will see how it goes.
Was I able to get some sleep when I got home? No. My roof needed repair. So I am dead tired and I have never fixed my roof before, but after a trip to Home Depot up I go. I was able to get a 2 hour nap before going back to work.
Missed church on Sunday because I was so tired after work. It is pouring down rain now, so I am very glad that I sucked it up and got the roof fixed.

7 comments:
Aww sorry it was so yuk for you... but at least folk are still interested and you didn't get rained on afterwards!!! Hope you get to catch up on your sleep sometime.
That sounds awful! Did you just want to go back to bed?
I'm really glad you got the roof fixed. Just in time!
Get some sleep!
So, what we have learned here is this:
Chris is such a genius that no amount of technical difficulty can stop the powerful message he has to share and no roof can withstand the power of his mighty hammer. How does RA stand living in the direct presence of such intellect?
When you are a billionaire, I expect an invite to Sunday lunch.
I love that about you Chris.
You are one of the few I've read that can see the silver lining in things!
I too am glad your roof is fixed. Sucks when it rains inside the house. Its just not natural somehow
I've had dreams of things like that happening to me, but I've been fortunate enough so far not to live it. Like everyone has said, that really is cool that the concept came through anyway. Congrats on becoming a roofer! You should do a post on how to fix a roof leak - with pictures!
Well that just goes to show how awesome your idea is. I was trying to explain it to some family friends on Sunday. I am sure that I didn't do it justice.
I am impressed that you figured out how to fix the roof. I would just have had to put some buckets around to catch the water. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of hours.
aww man! What a day. Sometimes you just want to go back to bed. Sorry about the bad day . . . congrats on the business cards and interest and new roof.
Post a Comment