Happy Labor Day!
Did you know most of the world celebrates labor day on May Day (May 1st), but this was too closely connected with socialism so President Grover Cleveland supported a September holiday?
Did you know this is the traditional day for the Jerry Lewis telethon for Muscular Dystrophy?
Did you know that traditionally one did not wear white after Labor Day as white is for summer?
What are your plans?
I think we are going to relax (I worked the whole night before) and then maybe go to Volente Beach after the prices drop in the afternoon. Meet us there!

4 comments:
Hope the fam all enjoy your day off ... our Labour Day is not until 22nd October here.
relax??!! Is that what weekends and holidays are supposed to be??!! Hope you had a good time at Volente.
We didn't do a whole lot. We ran some errands, took a nap and Jonathan mowed the yard while I washed some clothes. We ended the evening with Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I hope you had fun at the beach!
We saw that movie whe we went on the cruise. I like d it.
We did ahve fun. Thanks!
Post a Comment