Monday, November 19, 2007

Trying to Get Into My High School Alumni Association

On Nov 19, 2007 10:29 AM, Kim Jessop wrote:

Hi Chris,

What year would you have graduated? Can you give me the names of some of your classmates so I can verify? If I can verify that you attended PL I can enter you into the directory.


If my memory serves me correctly, I would have graduated in 1980. My older sister Taffy Nystrom graduated in 1979. I got a varsity letter in wrestling my sophmore year under coach Sole (not sure spelling) who was also my math teacher. I wrestled in the under 98 lbs category. I got a varsity letter, because I was the only one on the team that fit that wieght class. I was also on the cross-country team with my best friend Erik Newmark. We used to run to Tower Records and check out the records then run back to the school. Mark Baldwin was my other best friend. The things I did with him were not legal. Alas, no girlfriend. I think the women were smarter back then. I was not able to fool any until later in life.

Chris

7 comments:

Angela O. said...

And you want that? My HSAA found me via my BF who is thrilled at the upcoming 20th reunion. I did not find HS that fun and am not looking forward to it. But I want to keep my BF so I will be relectantly attending . . .

Euromark said...

...and the rest of the story? What are these people doing now? Still illegaling everywhere? Still fooling the females?...lol

Anonymous said...

Hmm, nothing like it for reminding yourself how you've aged! Lol!

ANNA-LYS said...

lol @ "I think the women were smarter back then. I was not able to fool any until later in life."
Maybe ... just maybe ... You have grown a little smarter? ... Naaah ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving holiday to you and yours. Have fun.

Chris said...

Angela: I wanted to get in contact with old friends. Most of them I knew from elementary school and junior high. I am glad you want to keep your boyfriend.

Mark: I am not sure about Erik. I did see that he is in Santa Clara now. He has not written back. He is one of the guys I wanted to get back in touch with. Mark B I stayed in touch with. He (and I) no longer do illegal activities. He now runs the family real estate business and live in the same neighborhood as the rich and famous.

Aggie: Yes, it seems like a lifetime ago.

Anna-lys: No doubt I have figured out a think or two myself over the years.

Angela O. said...

lol! I like my current boyfriend fine. I didn't have much luck with the boys from my high school (at least they didn't tend to stay long in school--oh those bad boys) so not many boyfriends are expected at the reunion.

Hope you can catch up soon with your buddies.