
So it looks like the girl that called the hotline was not someone in distress, but rather someone filing a fake report. I guess that explains why they did not arrest the accused.
This whole case has stunk from the very beginning. You would think that finding the person who made the initial fake phone call would be front page news, but it is difficult to find.
Will they say sorry, and return the children? I kind of doubt it.

3 comments:
Do a little digging on the dynamics of a "typical" polygamists family. Girls are regularly abused by the older men in the community, the welfare checks from all of the resulting children finance the compounds/ranches/temples and the young men are driven out of the family unit because they are competition. These cults are abusive and evil. Start with Under The Banner of Heaven..or just wiki it. Its devastating...
So to hell with civil rights then? We don't need evidence because everyone knows how evil these people are.
The more that people take this line of thinking the more suspicious and outraged I get.
Sounds like they are getting to the bottom of it to me if they found out it was a fake call. That must give hope that due process of law is being followed.
I've worked in the Courts here in N.Z. (and though we have different laws) I know that people sometimes get very demanding for a "quick fix" when really (true) due process takes time.
Here is hoping they resolve the issue fairly for all concerned.
Post a Comment