Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Genocide in West Texas


The Plural Wife Blog is doing a much better job at covering the genocide in West Texas than I am. It is well worth a look if you want to see what the other side has to say instead of just accepting the media hysteria.

Also, Grits for Breakfast Blog is doing a great job, too.

P.S. Did I say I love Ben Stein? He is practically the only person left in this country who thinks for himself.

9 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

While I am disturbed by the separating of young children from their parents, genocide is a little strong here. Genocide is physical death. So far no one has died. THe authorities handled this "somewhat" better than the tragedy at the Branch Davidian compound.

But there are a lot of questions here . . . The police had known and apparently been watching this group for some time. These girls had been taught to distrust and lie to the outside world, so it is going to take awhile to determine how many minor girls are also mothers. But the separation of young children from the parents and the living environment that was familiar is going to have consequences in their psychological development.

I hope that eventually a "truth" will emerge that will make it obvious that there was a reason behind this bizarre set of events.

If there really are young teenage girls being brought up to be "spiritually married" to 40 and 50 year old men . . . this is not a healthy lifestyle. And, polygamy is against the law in the United States.

Your photo below - how many sheriff's departments have tanks? That is interesting in and of itself.

Yes, many troubling issues here - on both sides.

Chris said...

Thank you Mary Ann for continuing to read my blog.

You should click on the genocide link that I provided. Genocide as determined by the UN Resolution 260 is "Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group". It seems clear to me that that is what is happening here. They are taking the children in an attempt to wipe out the group.

They are not working with these families to try to help them and get them back together. They simply took away all of their children and sent them off to live in other cities.

What is the long term plan?

The whole point is we need evidence in advance. You can't be wiping out communities and only afterwards hoping there was enough evidence found to justify it. That is totally un-American.

Anonymous said...

From a Distance I tend to agree with Mary Ann.
Seems to me that the authorities are "damned if they do and damned if they don't."
These women and children are going to be "victims" no matter which way you look at it.
If they stay, they are victims of an illegal cult that brainwashes and sexually abuses them and if they go they are in for the trauma of separation.
Too sad!

Chris said...

There is no brainwashing going on. They just think differently.

But this does illustrate why they should not be tried in the media, but rather they should be tried in a court of law. Its like "That is too wierd. They must be brainwashed! Lets stamp them out!"

And when I see a court of law I mean tried individually as you or I would. They whole mass court already held was clearly a sham kangaroo court.

Chris said...

P.S. I also disagree that this was handled better than the Waco tragedy. The only difference is that these people are pacifists and did not fight back. The fact that the Sheriffs had guys with machine guns and amrored personnel carriers proved that the authorities did not have a clue about these people and what they are really like.

Anonymous said...

Make sure and watch "The Secret Life of Women" on WE.

Chris said...

I would very much like to see it, but we do not have cable and I can not find it online anyplace.

Did you see the most recent Oprah special on polygamy?

Angela O. said...

For a while (I refer to it as my insane period of life) I dated a guy 22 yrs older than me; it is not a healthy lifestyle. In general, I don't trust the media at all - I find the media too liberal. So it is hopeful for me to hear the media reports that are favorable to the situation. The media reports sound like CPS is trying to be very sensitive to the situation (e.g. only placing the children in foster homes without other children, natural food diets like the children are used to, etc.)

Perry H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.