Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hang Em High!

Of course, I am selected to serve on the jury. I guess I just have that juryish look. Actually, it is a civil trial, not a criminal trial. No one goes to jail. I just have to figure out who gets the money. We have an unusual judge in that she permits the jurers to ask questions, so after the lawyers get done, we jurers submit questions to the witnesses. It is actually quite interesting. I should be done today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should award the money to me. I wish to sue Sesame Street over a little pink fairy in training called Abby! The cheek of it all!

Dirty Bunny said...

I had the chance to do jury duty once, but I had something else take precedence.

Angela O. said...

wow, congratulations. I've never been chosen and think it would be neat to see the inner workings. Especially a civil trial--I don't think I could handle a violent criminal case.

Chris said...

That is quite shocking Aggie!

No I was unable to Helena, since the rest of the court was not a member of our secret society!

I will blog about the trial when I get a chance, as I can talk about it now that it is over.