Tuesday, June 27, 2006

MOVIE: End of the Spear

We rented End of the Spear from NetFlix and watched it together as a family tonight.
It is a true story about Christian missionaries who are working with natives in Ecuador. The missionaries are, unfortunately, speared to death, but the courageous missionary wives continue the task of sharing the message and love of Jesus. The movie leads up to the dramatic encounter of the tribesman Mincayani telling the missionaries son Steve Saint about the circumstances of his Father's death. It’s a remarkable and powerful story of forgiveness and reconciliation. I found the movie to be very moving. Louie Leonardo was terrific as Mincayani. Highly recommended.

P.S. Be sure to keep watching the credits where the real life person of the story describes the first time the Mincayani came to the United States. It is hilarious how he viewed what is commonplace over here.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Cool. Nate Saint even has a blog:

http://natesaintlinks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie. I'm not sure if I can get it out over here, but I'll ask at our Video store. Now that I'm on hols I might be able to catch up on a few movies.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Me watch too!

Rebecca said...

I've been wanting to see that. I guess if you watched it as a family, it wasn't too violent?

Chris said...

Well I guess the spears were a little violent. It was not gratious. They just told the story.