Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sorry!

In case you did not get it, the first 20 or so comments on the previous post were all faked. No your account was not hacked. I simply noticed that names are not unique on blogger. There can be more than one Chris for example. The thing that separates people out is the picture they attach to the comment, but of course the picture can be downloaded and re-used. Therefore, if you are willing to take the trouble to create a new blog, you can impersonate anyone you want on blogger. What fun!

Some of the blogs I created to make the impersonations I made little jokes on. Some people noticed what I was doing and went to thier "new" blogs and made comments.

I thought it would be funny to make a really dumb post, and then have everyone who usually comes to my blog be posting really dumb comments that were not really thier own.

I think it is funny that when it got to real comments, everyone kept playing along with the dumb comments.

In some cases I went to your own blog and commented as you. I bet that was confusing.

I also made a few famous people.

Sorry, if you come to my blog, but I did not impersonate you. I was going to do more people. It is not that I love you less. I just got tired. Maybe I will still get you in the future.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I found it really funny. Good on ya, mate!

Perry H. said...

I was honored to look stupid multiple times, including being worried that I'd been hacked. Now I realize I'd been "slacked" which is what happens when us computer nerds have too much time!!! It was great fun Chris!

Anonymous said...

Chris - you apologise too much
It was fun & funny
You must do it again
in about a month when we are all bored cross-eyed with Blogs again.

Danikabur said...

LMAO that was really funny. The comment actually sounded like me. LOL

Danikabur said...

You almost got me in big trouble for this trick!!! LOL it's ok... I still think it was funny.