Friday, June 09, 2006

Name That Tune!

Ok since everyone seems to be enjoying playing Name That Tune!, I have decided to get in on the action, so that my blog does not miss out. OK this song is by an English super group. Name the song title AND the group. Ok one more hint: the initials for the group's name is LZ.

First prize: You get to make up a new blog test and link me to do it!

No fair looking this up on the net.

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In the tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven

Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking

Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter

And it makes me wonder

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen

Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Your head is humming and it won't go because you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady can't you hear the wind blow and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And she's buying a stairway to heaven

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

And she's buying a stairway to heaven, uh uh uh.

P.S. Do not turn the Page or you might have to Plant something!

25 comments:

Chris said...

OK, here is another hint: the group's name is synonymous with "Metal Balloon".

Chris said...

Nope! That is a good guess, though, Perry. Try again!

Chris said...

That is not it either, but it was a good try. You all are getting warmer!

Chris said...

Hey! Move all of that wedding talk to one of your chick blogs! This is a serious music blog now!

Chris said...

No, Perry, it is not Air Supply.

I confess, I am a little surprised the last two guys did not get this.

Chris said...

OK here is another hint: there are four guys in the group and at one time or another they each had facial hair.

Anonymous said...

Nah - I knew it was The Monkees all along.
And quit using my name (& picture) in vain. I bite ankles for a hobby.
Chris, you know you & I must be made for each other ... we posted the same damn song at the same time!
When are you moving here?
And I'm not surprised those guys can't remember a thing ... it was ALL sex, drugs & Rock & roll in them golden olden days!

Chris said...

Bring it on!

Perry H. said...

Ok Chris, this is scary - that was NOT me posting under txdad58...I was in bed dude!! Seriously!!!

Sarah said...

On the one hand, I do not want to make up a new test, so I'm not sure I want to win. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

IT's obviously the "I Love You" song from Barney.

Anonymous said...

danikabur:
"You ain't seen nothin yet, O baby ..."

Perry H. said...

The new picture is cool (THIS post really IS me!)...Chris, Ya'll look like you just had sex!

Karen said...

Chris, you must have been really bored! I think it's Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. And no, I did not Google it. Someone else can claim the prize though, if they want. I'm sure everyone knew the answer.

Chris said...

All good gueses. I am impressed with your music knowledge. Still no one has gotten it so far. Here is another hint: at least one member of the band has bad breath.

Amy said...

I. love. this. song.

I want it played at my funeral and while I get my next tattoo. The song is called...
Oh wait. I'm getting a call...

Anonymous said...

I can't think of the name of the song but I think it was by Ozzy Osborne's Bat before it "bit the dust"
Ah now I remember - that's the song title "Another one bites the dust"

Angela O. said...

I'm stumped . . . only English supergroup I know of is The Spice Girls . . .

Anonymous said...

Do we get a prize ... something like say ... a semi-nude photo of you posted on your blog if we guess right? Or a photo of you in your spa pool perhaps? Others, whom I won't mention here, offer much more incentive to get it right!

Chris said...

I get this alot. "Chris, When are you going to post (nude / semi-nude / partially nude) pictures of yourself?" "Chris, when will you model for us?". Who has the time these days? For me, it is work, work, work!

Besides, I did offer to answer one of those goofy blog quizes for someone. Isn't that enough incentive? I guess I could sweeten the incentive by offering to write and play an original song for the winner, too? Not that I think it likely anyone will get the right answer.

Sarah said...

i was wondering why so many people had posted so quickly.

Dirty Bunny said...

Please don't tell me know one knew this was Led Zepplin...Stairway to Heaven?

Perry H. said...

And Dirty Bunny stumbles in at the finish, blissfully unaware...lol. We luv the Bunny though!!!

Chris said...

Nope not Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven. Guess again. Good try though!

Anonymous said...

I've got it!

Ad Infinitum = Group

and the song is:

It was a good try.

Chris said...

So close! And yet... so far away.