Currently I am reading The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman. This book won a Pulitzer in 1962, I believe.
I love history.
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I'm re-reading Bury My Heart at Wonded Knee by Dee Brown. (American History) I read this years ago and loved it. A very moving story. Have you read it at all?
No I have not. Funny you should mention that, though. I was just reading all about Wounded Knee last night.
I was looking up acceptance speeches for Helena, and I came across Marlon Brandos speech declining an oscar for The Godfather. It was not accepted by Sacheen Littlefether. The NY Times has the text of Marlon's Speech.
Anyway that lead me to read all about Wounded Knee to refresh my memory.
txdad58: That would be 1958 actually dollface. I'm only a few months older than YOU. You're trying to make out I'm older than I am. Several stiletto heeled shoes headed your way as I post! BAD boy!
I believe she also wrote "A Distant Mirror", an excellent book on life in the Middle Ages. I read that book. Amazing that you have time to read, but multi-tasking rules the day in post-modern USA.
9 comments:
I'm re-reading Bury My Heart at Wonded Knee by Dee Brown. (American History) I read this years ago and loved it. A very moving story.
Have you read it at all?
No I have not. Funny you should mention that, though. I was just reading all about Wounded Knee last night.
I was looking up acceptance speeches for Helena, and I came across Marlon Brandos speech declining an oscar for The Godfather. It was not accepted by Sacheen Littlefether. The NY Times has the text of Marlon's Speech.
Anyway that lead me to read all about Wounded Knee to refresh my memory.
Thanks for the associated links Chris. Interesting reading.
Of course I was. I was born on March 26nd of that year.
Huh - I'm a March Hare too. My B/Day is March, 17th. I like to forget which year.
Abby, that would be 1957 dear..:O)
And personally, I hate history with a passion.
txdad58: That would be 1958 actually dollface. I'm only a few months older than YOU. You're trying to make out I'm older than I am. Several stiletto heeled shoes headed your way as I post!
BAD boy!
I believe she also wrote "A Distant Mirror", an excellent book on life in the Middle Ages. I read that book. Amazing that you have time to read, but multi-tasking rules the day in post-modern USA.
She did in 1978. And a number of other great books.
Post a Comment