Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hard Day Today

Trying to register 3 middle schoolers for school. Registration was 1 day only (today) from 12 to 8pm. We started right at 12, but are still working on it.

Kimmie was a home schooler last year, so we do not have much in the way of official records for her. I did download that TASS test and give it to her, to demonstrate that she is ready for the 7th grade. The principle accepted that, and allowed her to register provisionally to us giving them a copy of the test.

Brandon and Brittney are our nephew and niece living with us. Apparently our paperwork is not good enough to register them because it is not a court order, so we had to get thier biological Mom to come down and sign for them. That took quite a while.

Gotta run.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

yuck.

sorry i couldn't watch the kids.

Bridget Jones said...

It is that time of year, isn't it? Saw at least 3 Vs of geese flying south today on the way home.

Traitors.

sigh.

Anonymous said...

It's always a mission isn't it. The paperwork never ends for schools. Hope it all went well in the end. Good luck.

ND-I do hope they are headed our way at last! Bring Spring on down under!

Angela O. said...

That is hard. On your niece and nephew, I will pray for you and your family during this time. Taking guardianship is very hard, even with family members and all the love in the world.

I can hardly believe school is almost here. Poor Texas kids--school never started that early for us in Arkansas. (Yes, we went to school--and were required to wear shoes--and I didn't marry my brother;-).)

Chris said...

Do not worry about it Sarah. We know you would have helped if you could have. We were not actually able to finish, but we got the hard part done, which was to get them accepted for registration. Now, today, we have to actually register them. They also have dentist appointments. It is never ending. However we are starting to see signs that we are doing some good for them, and that is a small reward.

Trishdish said...

Good for you guys! Small rewards are better than none.

Euromark said...

And you had to do all that in the blazing August heat...Sounds like they are picking up on German paper work over there.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that it finally worked. I had trouble getting Bryan another social security card. They said that I had to prove that I was his aunt. I asked if they wanted some blood.

Sarah said...

well I'll be home the rest of the day if you need me to watch someone(s) today.