Monday, August 14, 2006

Need Your Help!

I want to publish my remarks at Open Source Fest to various programmer news sites. The way these sites work, is that you submit an article and then if people like your article they can vote yes, and your article will get more visibility. So I need you to create an acocunt on these sites and vote for my article. It is really easy to create an account on all of them and it just takes a minute, and it would mean a lot to me to get your vote.

dzone.com is the first site. After you have created an account click here to vote for my article.

reddit.com is the second site. After you have created an account, then go to http://programming.reddit.com", click at the top on "new" and then scroll down to the article on NewI\O written at about 8:20am today, and vote it up.

Lastly, get an account on digg.com and then click here to vote for my article.

Thank you!

7 comments:

Dirty Bunny said...

Joe's going to help me with this too when he gets home. I will definitely vote for you, but I want to be sure I'm voting for the right person.

Chris said...

Thank you so much DB! That is sweet of you to help me out.

Anonymous said...

I'll get on to this for you on my day off tomorrow.
Do we get big kisses for helping out?

Chris said...

Ah never mind. I think this attempt at publicity is a failure. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Was it 'cos I wanted kisses?

Chris said...

No, apparently there is huge competition. I think the thing to do if you want to do something like this is get about a dozen people together and then all rate it up as soon as you post it, and so then it gets some cred right at the start were more strangers can see it, and keep voting. The other thing to do maybe is to just have lots of fake accounts. :)

Dirty Bunny said...

Oooh, that sounds so deviant. Me likey!