Sunday, August 20, 2006

We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that Ruth Ann and I are taking care of my nephew Brandon and my niece Bri Bri. What you may not know is that it is not just Ruth Ann and I, but in fact a team of people have volunteers to help us.

Sarah has offered bedding materials and other help as needed.

Joe and Diane go to Costco every week and buy us a big pile of food. Today they took us out to eat after church.

Now that we have six kids in the house it is not easy to get a break. It is not real easy to get a babysitter for six kids.

Becca this summer, even though she is taking care of a nephew herself, offered to take all of the kids for a few days so Ruth Ann (and to a lessor extent me) could have a break.

Joanne, from our church has also offered to take all of the kids for a night so Ruth Ann and I could have a break and also a date this Saturday.

There are probably others that I am forgetting about. There really are a lot of really nice people out there, and we really do appreciate it. Thank you!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

:) I know it's tough. Any time you need anything, let me know.

Also remember I'm close to the school, and good for emergencies in that area.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sarah, you have been a great help and friend...we appreciate you!

Rebecca said...

You two are awesome to be so giving. I too am blessed by all the people who have helped with Bryan. Its amazing how God takes care of us.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to have such good friends that can help like that.
Salute!

Euromark said...

It takes a village, but not just any village. Those are experiences no riches can buy.

Oh, another one:
wave rider - rave wider