Thursday, September 07, 2006

Momentum


Just when I am feeling kind of burnt out and like I have not accomplished much, all of a sudden it looks like I have a little momentum. I believe I will be speaking at the CACTUS meeting this month, and then last night I got a call from the Dallas / Ft Worth Unix User Group wanting me to speak up there. That is the first time someone has called and wanted me on the program, as opposed to me trying to talk myself on to it. Cool.

Also, it looks like I will be helping to form a programmer's user group here in Austin. I had been trying to do this for a while now, with little success, but then all of a sudden I ran into a pack of guys that wanted to do the same thing, so it looks like it will happen after all.

Update: I just got off the phone with them. Looks like I am scheduled for Thursday, December 7th. He said that have anywhere from 50-100 people attend their meetings. I thought I was going to have to drive up there, but they are providing a plane ticket and 2 nights in a local hotel. Deluxe!

10 comments:

Karen said...

That's great, Chris. You can crash at our place if you need a place to stay while in the area.

Kristi said...

wow! Look at you.
you are just the speech machine!!!

Way to go!

Angela O. said...

AWESOME!!!! That is great!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news. Good luck.

Karen said...

Luxury treatment! We should still get together.

Bettina said...

That's very posh, congratulations. Look at Chris, he's getting famous!

Sarah said...

Awesome. Good things are happening!

Trishdish said...

Congrats.

Rebecca said...

That is great!! Congrats, it looks like all of your hard work will payoff.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I am very happy for you . This invitation could be the blessing you have been waiting for. I know you have worked very hard this past year or so. You should be very proud.
Jeanette