Monday, October 23, 2006

Quentin Turned 21

My eldest son Quentin turned 21 yesterday. The family drove to Fredericksburg and had a very nice dinner at the The Brewery. I bought him one of the nice in house beers. When we ordered the waitress did not card him, so I suggested to her that he looked a little young and she should check his ID so we could get a picture.

10 comments:

Euromark said...

There's no turning back now - he's an adult in all forms legal and otherwise... what a good feeling

Dirty Bunny said...

When I turned 30 we all went out and I got carded. All I could say to the bouncer was, "God bless you." Joe said, "I think you just made her night."

I'm wondering if Joe slipped him a ten to ask me that.

Anonymous said...

Happy 21st Quentin - Enjoy!

Euromark said...

"Happy Birthday to you" Zum Geburtstag viel Glück! I can't open Chris' link to Quentin's blog, so I trust this will make it. Come to Leipzig and I'll treat you to some REAL German beer, but here you could have been drinking it since you were 16 (awe, shucks...). And, remember, you can either grow old or die young. I choose grow young and die old.

Kristi said...

They didn't ID him?
What The Hell!!

The rule here in Canada is......if they look under 25 they have to have ID.

I can';t beleive you have a 21 yr old kid. Holy Carp!

Angela O. said...

Happy Birthday!

I didn't get carded on my 21st and was so disappointed (Of course, I had been carded many times before with an absolutely horrible fake ID)! And it was after a test at lunch time at Baby A's on Riverside. I promptly went home and slept away much of the afternoon!

Bettina said...

Happy birthday Quentin and all the best! I had a quick look at his blog and he seems to be a smart and cool kid. You must be very proud of him, Chris.

blacksheep said...

Aww congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!Hope he had lots of fun!

MYSTIC said...

I spent my 21st birthday in Viet Nam....I'd rather be in Va too! The only thing they checked was my draft card.....

Anonymous said...

www.myassisJUSTnotavailable.blogspot....is where I am.