Friday, December 29, 2006

Here We Are On Vacation

So we were on the Star Tours ride at Disneyland. This is a ride that supposedly takes you on a vacation to Hoff or some other Star Wars planet, and instead you end up in another of those Empire battles. So anyway we come out of the ride conviently into the gift shop and then back to Disneyland. So my 3 year old Emily yells out incredulously, "Hey! We are still here?!?". It took me a minute to catch her drift. She was expressing surprised that we did not actually travel anywhere. I was surprised that she picked up on what the ride was all about as she has never flown on a plane or anything.

So December 27th was my 23rd wedding anniversary. I was surprised. It took Ruth Ann almost the whole day to wish me Happy Anniversary.

5 comments:

Euromark said...

And how long did it take you to wish her happy anniversary?
Maybe it took her a long time because she was searching for a special way tailored to you to say it.
So, hows about a nice anniversary photo of the two of you, maybe one from 23 years ago and next to it one from today?

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations to you both on the milestone. (Please note I did not say Millstone ...)

Euromark's idea is a good one ... I 2nd that ...

Hope you all have a very Happy New Year and a great start to 2007.

Angela O. said...

WOW! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun too . . .
It's a world of laughter . . .

Kristi said...

23 years....Good for You!
its not easy..marriage that is.

sounds like Disneyland was fun. I've never been. I hope to take Charlotte one day. But since I know nothing about it I don't know what the best deals are or where to stay or......well anything about it!

:| raven |: said...

Happy Anniversary and Hapy New Year!!!!