Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Why I Hate Fanatasy Football

I figured I would do well this week. I was playing against the guy who is starting Donavan McNabb. This is good for me, since Donavan McNabb is out for the season on injured reserve. This guy has Drew Brees sitting on the bench.

Further this guy is starting Ronnie Brown, RB for Miami who is also out injured. I know, because I drafted and played his replacement RB Sammy Morris.

I figure I should win this week, right?

No. I lose 50-42.

Here is the damage:

Me:

Texas Chargers

Actives - Points
C. Palmer QB - 15
T. Jones RB - 3
S. Morris RB - 6
D. Henderson WR - 1
T. Owens WR - 8
C. Cooley TE - 1
M. Stover K - 1
D. Broncos DST - 7

Total Points: 42

Reserves - Points
P. Rivers QB - 10
C. Benson RB - 12
D. Rhodes RB - 11
M. Booker WR - 12
M. Clayton WR - 2
R. McMichael TE - 1

Total Reserve Points: 48

Him:

damonejrs

Actives - Points
D. McNabb QB - 0
R. Brown RB - 0
B. Westbrook RB - 17
A. Boldin WR - 3
R. Williams WR - 5
B. Watson TE - 2
J. Kasay K - 6
D. Chargers DST - 17

Total Points: 50

Reserves - Points
D. Brees QB - 14
M. Bell RB - 1
D. Branch WR - 2
R. Williams WR - 4
D. Clark TE - 0
D. Bengals DST - 8

Total Reserve Points: 29

6 comments:

Amy said...

See! This is why I don't play fantasy football. There is too much math, and paying attention to the stats. Maybe you should try something less complicated, like Connect Four.

Euromark said...

How about Uno? Or 21?

Amy said...

Or Pictionary. Pictionary can be fun.

Anonymous said...

lol - I don't even know what fantasy football is ... double dutch to me.

Dirty Bunny said...

I can't help but think of how I tease Joe whenever he starts talking about his movie stocks making money...ya know, his fake movie stocks and fake money.

Perry H. said...

I can totally relate. Next year I'm sure I'll waste another $60...lol