Saturday, February 24, 2007

Prentice Hall Wants Me

to: cnystrom@newio.org
cc: Aharon Robbins
date: Feb 20, 2007 12:31 PM
subject: Prentice Hall interested in epublication of New I/O

Chris,

I am a publisher of open source books and ebooks. My series editor, Arnold Robbins, has brought your New I/O project and blog to my attention. We are very interested in publishing an electronic publication as part of the Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development series. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debra Williams Cauley
Executive Editor

Prentice Hall PTR/Addison Wesley
1185 Avenue of the Americas, 26F
NY, NY 10036

212-782-3476

Debra_Williams@prenhall.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool Chris. Fantastic. Congratulations!

Euromark said...

That sounds very promising. Is it a good idea to put specific info about Prentice Hall and the persons emailing you on your blog, since anyone anywhere can read it? I may be a little paranoid.

Chris said...

As far as I know there is nothing secret about it. Maybe there is some unwritten business law I am not aware of?

Sarah said...

That's so cool! I hope you get published!

Karen said...

Oh cool, we can be publishing twins! j/k Does this give them certain rights to anything that you don't want to give up? Congrats!

Henry Melton said...

Chris, I published a book with Howard Sams back in the dark ages before ebooks, but they were a technical publisher. I have my set of war stories. Let me know if you need a list of things to watch out for.

However, forcing yourself to put it all into a book, making your ideas very clear for that audience, will help improve your project. It's a great exercise, and great PR for your scheme to control the Internet.

Amy said...

Did I miss the part of the letter where they tell you how many millions you can expect from this? Hold out for at least three million. A man's gotta eat.

Bettina said...

How cool is that? Congratulations!

Angela O. said...

That is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! Congratulations. The hard work is paying off!!