It would be great to get a programming job because it would help me to sharpen my skills that I use for my project. I have long been a computer programmer, but I have never been a professional computer programmer.
Also I would love to earn more money to get ahead financially. I hate living hand to mouth, but unfortunatly I had to organize my finances this way in order to try to reach a deal with the IRS.
On the other hand if I get the new job, before I get a deal with the IRS, it will probably blow the deal. It is frustrating that the financial incentive is to not work, rather than to work. I would have a ton more money coming in, but I would probably have to work 2 jobs for a year to pay back the IRS. On the other hand I really have no idea when I will be able to reach a deal with the IRS, or even if I will be able to reach a deal at all?
There are other factors, too. My son is in school, and even though he is 21, the government still expects the parents to pay for it. Apparently you have to be 24 before the goverment considers you to be an adult when it comes to paying for college. So anyway, getting a second job may be the only way to keep him in school.
So anyway, I may have a dilema coming up.

5 comments:
That sounds like a great opportunity, if it wasn't for the IRS. Sorry that is getting in the way of being comfortable.
That's interesting about the money for college kids thing. I had to take out my own loans and my parents basically only gave me, ever, $200 a month. That was all they could afford and yet now they have taken out loans for my siblings. Weird to me.
Wow, that sounds strange ... 24 yrs old? Hope the IRS doesn't stuff things up for you.
I know very few people that aren't living hand to mouth. I do know several people that are starting to get ahead with the Dave Ramsey method--no endorsement though, because I haven't seen/read any of it.
Sarah when I was in college if you lived on your own for over a year you were considered independent of your parents. That is no longer the case. If you are under 24 you have to provide your parents financial information to apply for loans and grants, even if you have lived on your own.
Angela, I am actually very familiar with the Dave Ramsey program and it appears to be very good. We very much want to do this, but it seems somewhat pointless until we resolve the issue with the IRS.
Post a Comment