Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Arrived in San Diego

I worked all night long and then when I got off work it was off to the airport. Ruth Ann was a big help by packing for me and fixing me a good breakfast. I was very tired, but I realized that I am not able to sleep on the plane. I mean I was real tired, and I am a great sleeper, but the problem is I snore, and I was not traveling with anyone who would elbow me if I was causing a scene, so I was careful to stay awake, which was very difficult.

I usally never sit by any pretty girls on the plane, but this time I was surrounded by the UCLA girls frisbee team. Those girls were doing things on a commercial flight that I have not seen before. For example they were putting their feet up on top of the seats. And you know where there is like 3 seats together? 5 or 6 of them would get in there together for some sort of girls party or something.

There was a pretty UCLA co-ed sitting to my left but she had on earphones and was reading Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. So we did not do much talking, but I did tell her that "deluge" means "flooded". I hope I am right.

My Dad and his wife Fran picked me up at the airport. My Dad fixed us some gin and tonics with a squirt of lime and we hung out and caught up. That felt kind of sophisticated. Also he had a computer problem that I fixed real quick.

Today (or now yesterday) is my birthday. We had a steak dinner, and then I got an eclair with a candle on it. I got cards from my Dad, my Mom, and my older sister Taffy. My younger sister Terry called me, and my youngest sister Tracy came over for a little while. Also talked with Ruth Ann some. Nothing big, but frankly I was too tired for anything more.

5 comments:

Bettina said...

Oh, happy birthday! I wish you lots of success and all kinds of other good stuff for the next year of your life... the fullfillment of some dreams and the birth of some new ones.

Glad you made it to San Diego safely, although the frisbee girls sound rather scary. If they were allowed to have parties and put their feet everywhere I think you should have not given a rat's ass and snored away too. Sounds only fair to me.

Sarah said...

Happy birthday!

Mary Ann Melton said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have worried about the prospect of snoring either ... unless you think the frisbee girls would have stuck straws up your nose!
Happy belated birthday Chris. Glad you had a good time catching up with your time, even though it must have been tiring for you.

Angela O. said...

Happy birthday! 3/27 is my anniversary! What a great day . . .