Saturday, April 14, 2007

Alan Shore or Denny Crane?


Boston Legal has rapidly become my favorite TV show. I think I secretly or not so secretly long to be dangerous to the opposite sex like Alan Shore. I mean I have a thick full head of hair so it should be possible, at least according to all of those Rogain, and Hair Club for Men commercials. But alas no women are throwing themselves at me. My guess is that I am coming across, if anyone notices at all, more like Denny Crane: ridiculous.



This is not all bad. Everyone loves Denny Crane. Maybe I should go with it and start modeling myself more like Denny. I think I will start dropping my name on people like Denny does:

"Chris Xxxxxxx"

and then just walk away.

I confess, I do like those sharp looking suits. Maybe I should start wearing a suit all of the time? You know maybe Dress for Success and all of that.

I have started to wear suspenders. I find that they work better at holding one's pants up than do belts because they directly oppose gravity. However I have found that they are a bit more difficult to manage. For example, I now have a better understanding of wearing a bra, because I, too have had to reach into my shirt to pull my strap up that fell over my shoulder.

I confess that for tonights ice cream social at church I wore a white shirt for much the same reasons that a young girl does. I wanted to show off my underlying suspenders just in case any attractive women in attendence had a suspender fetish. Alas, it went completly un-noticed.

Also, congrats to the kids there who won awards for something or other. I am not sure what, but I enjoyed the ice cream and I was careful to clap enthusiastically at all of the right times. In case you did not know, I am a VERY GOOD clapper. It is important to do one's part.

6 comments:

Perry H. said...

These women are obviously too intimidated to show their interest in you. Women are clever creatures at hiding it. Just walk up, and with a twinkle in your eye, say, "So, you really want me bad, I hear". She will believe that one of her 3,345 gal friends ratted her out, and readily admit her interest in pursuing "things". At this point you should run like hell, because as we well know, they are all crazy!

Chris said...

"These women are obviously too intimidated to show their interest in you."

Thats it! Now that you mention it, I am sure that must be the reason! I still like the idea of just saying my name and walking away though. If Denny Crane does it, it must be cool.

Amy said...

Eric is trying to model himself after Alan Shore. I think you two have made a fine match in best friend selections. The only exception is that I would hope you both avoid accepting the offers from women that will come pouring in when they fully grasp the magnitude of your powerhouse partnership.

Sarah said...

I think that you're supposed to wear the suspenders outside the shirt....

Anonymous said...

Could you please post pictures of the undershirt suspenders ... then I can better decide whether or not I have a fetish for them.
Hmm, name dropping as a turn on? I hadn't thought of that. lol!

Rebecca said...

I must admit that you are a very fine clapper. I have experienced your clapping at my graduation, quite impressive!

I often wish Jonathan would wear a suit more. He said one day he would surprise me and wear a suit as he was leaving for work, change at work and then change back into it before he comes home. The sacrifices a man makes for his woman. (I'm still waiting for that sacrifice by the way.)