A few weeks ago my garage flooded and I had to bring everything out on the drive way. I figured I was too tired to bring it all back in so I just put prices on it and sold most of it. It was pretty liberating and I thought about doing it again someday with my whole household. "Everything 25 cents!"
We are trying to sale our house so I told my husband we should pack up anything that clutters... his response... "if we pack and don't miss it can we get rid of it?"... well of course not... we might need it... hmmm...
I am vigilant about clutter. If it hasn't been used in 3 mos, or if the kids have grown out of it, it's gone. I can barely wait long enough to have a garage sale.
Yes, there is something very nice about getting rid of "things" but that lady sounds like she runs away from things rather than face them . . . instead of me that holds on to things instead of getting rid of them.
5 comments:
A few weeks ago my garage flooded and I had to bring everything out on the drive way. I figured I was too tired to bring it all back in so I just put prices on it and sold most of it.
It was pretty liberating and I thought about doing it again someday with my whole household. "Everything 25 cents!"
We are trying to sale our house so I told my husband we should pack up anything that clutters... his response... "if we pack and don't miss it can we get rid of it?"... well of course not... we might need it... hmmm...
I am vigilant about clutter. If it hasn't been used in 3 mos, or if the kids have grown out of it, it's gone. I can barely wait long enough to have a garage sale.
Yes, there is something very nice about getting rid of "things" but that lady sounds like she runs away from things rather than face them . . . instead of me that holds on to things instead of getting rid of them.
Yep. I'm also selling my place and getting rid of clutter is sooo satisfying. Less is more!
Post a Comment