Sunday, April 29, 2007

Austin Clubs


I want to join The Austin Club. Do you think they will take me?

I know I will not be joining the Austin Country Club. It is very nice, but membership is be invitation only, and so far I have not received my invitation. It is strange, because according to the website it is a club who caters to those whose tastes are impeccable, which certainly sounds like me. My goal in life is to make them very sorry they passed on me.

Anyone want to start a competing club that is even MORE SNOOTY!?!

There are apparently 29 snooty clubs in Austin. If you join one of these clubs, then you are eligible to join the Austin Society which gets you privileges at all of the other clubs. Is it some sort of conspiracy?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a secret club that you can't join. And I won't tell you what it's about. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't think you own enough oil rigs to qualify Chris. However, I'm sure a large-ish Polygamist Club would let you become Leader ...
Shall we vote on it?
^ raises hand for

Chris said...

Is this your secret club, Sarah?

They won't let me in the Polygamist Club, because no other women will marry me Aggs. All of these club are such sticklers for rules!

Perry H. said...

I learned a long time ago, "cuisine" is French for "can't afford it"...

Anonymous said...

Oh I wanna join the hat club ... looks cool!
You can't find ANYONE to marry you?
lol!

Chris said...

I almost found someone in Ghana who would marry me, but I was unable to get her address.

Ruth Ann said...

Aggie, I just looked it up and there are several Red Hat Society clubs in your area...I have heard that they are alot of fun...I want to join someday.