Friday, May 04, 2007

String Wants a Beer


A string walks into a bar with a few friends and orders a beer. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve strings here."

The string walks away a little upset and sits down with his friends. A few minutes later he goes back to the bar and orders a beer. The bartender, looking a little exasperated, says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve strings here."

So the string goes back to his table. Then he gets an idea. He ties himself in a loop and messes up the top of his hair. Then he walks back up to the bar and orders a beer.

The bartender squints at him and says, "Hey, aren't you a string?"

And the string says, "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're stringing us a line!

Angela O. said...

LOL. cute.

Euromark said...

A stringent joke indeed - left me in stitches. A well taught line there. Please spin other yarns for us, so we can takle everyday life when we are otherwise strung out on a thread.

Bettina said...

Very cute! I like word plays. I just saw a sign at a bakery today where they were looking for staff. It said: "Knead a lot of dough?" I thought that was very clever too.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Christopher

Chris said...

Thanks Mom (Mom still calls me Christopher)!