Thursday, August 09, 2007

Nashville Day 1


Dad and Fran in fron of President (General) Andrew Jackson's home. His nickname was old hickory as he would bend but not break. Apparently hickory would is very bendable. General Jackson kicked the British fannys at the Battle of New Orleans when they attempted to deprive us of access to Mardi Gras.


Burial place of Andrew Jackson and his wife.


A view from the back of the house.



Ruth Ann, Kristy, Tracy, Dad and Fran before the "General Jackson" steamboat for a dinner cruise on the Cumberland River.


A view from the bow looking up river.


My Dad, Fran, and Kristy doing "the funky chicken".

Thanks to Perry for working for me!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, I knew your parents were going, but not about your sisters. That's great that you all get to be together. We did one of those dinner cruises in Hawaii where you get to dance and had a blast. Enjoy your trip!

Amy said...

I sure am glad you guys are having fun. Things are going very well here. NatJ is in the backyard digging a hole with Mackenzie. They are allegely digging a hole to the Devil. I may well need to use that medical release form if they are successful. though, between NatJ and Kenzie, I suspect the Devil may need one too.

Bettina said...

Doing the funky chicken? Wow- it sure looks like your dad knows how to have fun.

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Angela O. said...

Ahhhh . . . .home. My old home. I lived in Old Hickory, TN, from birth to almost 9 and have been to Jackson's home many times. Isn't it beautiful? Looks like y'all are having a blast.