Sunday, August 12, 2007

Nashville Day 4 - The Finale


There are a lot of country and western celebrities hanging around Nashville. Here Garth Brooks and I are discussing football. He likes Vince Young.


Dolly Parton and I discussing what is real and what is fake. Apparently she wears a wig.


The Shaklee talent show called "Shaklee Idol". I thought this would be dumb but everyone was really good. This family saw another family musical act and decided they wanted to do the same thing. Just a couple years later here they are on stage in Nashville playing before thousands and they were very good!


This Shaklee member did a version of "If I were a Rich Man" from "Fiddler on the Roof" with the words changed to have Shaklee references. He was very good and it was very funny.


Famous country singer and songwriter. I forget her name.


A sargent came home from the front and surprised his girl with his presence and a ring to a roaring ovation. She said yes.


Julianne Hough who won "Dancing with the Stars" danced a couple of times for us. She is very pretty and talented.


This is the Shaklee home office staff performing for us. On the piano is billionare owner Roger Barnett. In addition to business skills, singing and songwriting, he also speaks 5 languages including Swahili. There is apparently nothing he can not do. He makes me sick.


The night finished up with a LeAnn Rimes concert.


This is a rather poor picture of one of her two lead guitarists. As you can see, he looks more punk than country, and this is no accident. She rocks! She played her old favorites like "Blue", but for me the highlight was a rocking cover of a Janis Joplin tune, although I missed the name of it. The last song in the set was a cover of "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane that was simply amazing.


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow it looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who any of the people are, but you all seem rather celebrity smitten over there. Looks like you all had fun though.

Amy said...

We are celebrity smitten on account of our actual celebrities and well functioning entertainment machines.

Chris said...

How else can one explain Pauly Shore?

Amy said...

True dat. True dat.