My contract got renewed for the second job. This is really great news. I will need every penny of the money to settle with the IRS I think. We are trying to refinance the house, but it is a tough mortgage market at the moment. Hopefully it will all work out and be over with soon.
I went for a physical on Tuesday. My doctor says that I need to lose weight and I am working on it. I am not obese, but I am overweight. My Body Mass Index is 28 and it needs to be 25 or lower. That means I need to go from 207 to 185 pounds.
There is a lot of diabetes in my family, and the doctor said the more I work on it before I get diabetes, the longer I will delay in getting it myself. So not only do I need to lose weight, but I need to cut out sugars, carbs, starches, eat more protiens and vegetables and exercise every day.
There is a company picnic today at work. My boss is cooking fajitas.
I am really looking forward to home worship again this Saturday night.
Next week I am taking the Red Hat Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management (RH436) course. It should be both interesting and professionally rewarding.
On October 10th I go to Pittsburgh to help Quentin move back to Austin.

6 comments:
We should do a family diet. I was doing really well on Weight Watchers in the Spring until Scott was losing his job. Then I got stressed and haven't gotten back on track. So it could be you and RA, me and Scott, and whoever else wants to join in. That would help us to be more accountable to eat better.
I hope your money woes are over soon too. That is never fun!
That sounds good. My friend Darron is doing it with me, and I think RA is going to do it, too. I will e-mail you my plan for today, one day at a time, and all of that.
The money issues are really more of an irritation, especially trying to work with the government. Really we have everything we need and are quite blessed, so I do not want it to sound like I am complaining.
Hmm, sounds like a good "take stock" opportunity. It is a good idea to lose the weight before you turn 50 ... if you do, you have a better chance of keeping it off and having good health to last.
Great news about the 2nd job and good luck with the refinance.
And children (for some funny reason) think their heads are indestructible.
wow - you've been busy.
Good luck with the finance and the diet. I've been frustrated with the diet thing the last few years. I used to be able to cut back on food intake a little and go for walks a few times a week and lose weight without much probably. Since I've hit 35, that no longer works! In addition, my office CONSTANTLY has candy, danishes, etc, free and easily accessible. I have NOOO willpower!
Chris, I lost 16 pounds in 2003 by becoming a vegetarian. I am now a body mass index of 21. I tried "eating half" of the same, didn't work. A radical restructuring - vegetarian - did the trick.
I am glad your youngest son is doing better.
Wow you have a lot going on. I'm glad that there might be a light at then end of this IRS tunnel. I hope that your diet/exercise go well! That's really cool that you are having a home worship on Saturday nights.
Post a Comment