I broke the 195 barrier today. I am now at 194.6. 9.4 pounds to go. I can fit comfortably in my old jeans. People notice that I am thinner. Less calories and more exercise seems to be working.
I really think that I got overweight because of gluttony. You get older and you realize that maybe not all of your dreams are going to come true. Food is a cheap pleasure. A cheap thrill. Drinking, smoking, drugs, and extra sex are all looked down upon, but no one looks down on you if you order a milkshake for $2. It is something that you can do to make your life a little brighter, even if just for a moment.
Like all sins it catches up with you, but oh so slowly, perhaps just a few extra pounds a year. In the ancient world gluttony was one of the seven deadly sins, but people laugh at the idea today. And yet according the Center for Disease Control obesity is an out of control epidemic.

No comments:
Post a Comment