Monday, June 09, 2008

Texas Governor's Mansion Burns!


Governor's Mansion burned last night! They say it is arson. Interestingly, the media does not speculate who might have done it or what their motive might be.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that it is related to the polygamist roundup civil rights violation. I doubt an FLDS did it, since they are non-violent. My guess is some supporter wanted to make a statement that at least some Texas residents do not take kindly to strong arm tactics by the state.

For the record, I had nothing to do with it. Fortunately no one was injured and I believe the valuable historical items were not inside, since the mansion was being remodeled.

3 comments:

Angela O. said...

HA! I think Gov Perry had something to do with it so he could stay in his temp housing that is costing us taxpayers $9900 a month! That makes me soooo mad!!! You could pay off our house in a year with that kind of money. If it is arson then all those cameras by the capitol and on every freakin' stoplight will catch the person. I bet nothing comes out of it. Or Big Brother will end up prosecuting the wrong person.

Anonymous said...

It looks as if it was a lovely place ... lucky that the historical items weren't there.

Chris said...

I bet you are right Angela! I agree Aggie.