Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Dozen Movies Now Playing That I Want to See

1. The Visitor

2. Get Smart! - UPDATE: Saw this one. It was great!

3. Young @ Heart

4. Kung Fu Panda

5. U2 3D

6. The Fall

7. The Promotion

8. The She Found Me

9. The Strangers

10. War Inc.

11. The Happening

12. Nim's Island

P.S. And we are all at my house very much looking forward to WALL*E which opens on the 27th

6 comments:

Euromark said...

"The Happening" has good reviews over here. Have you seen it yet?

Anonymous said...

I saw Nim's Island a few weeks back and quite enjoyed it for a change.
Prince Caspian (Narnia) is up next for me and then Get Smart (with a fervent hope they haven't ruined this remake like they did with Starsky & Hutch and Bewitched ... I am not hopeful!)

Chris said...

No Mark, have not seen "The Happening" but I very much would like to. I love all of M. Night Shyamalan's movies. Plus Rogert Ebert gave it a good review, and I pretty much always agree with him.

I thought the kids might like to see Nim's Island. It is still playing at the dollar theater here.

I did see Get Smart! last night at midnight. It was fabulous. Roll on the floor funny! Very respectful of the old show. Simply outstanding. The best two movies this summer in my opinion have been "Iron Man" and "Get Smart!"

Angela O. said...

saw kung fu Panda today and really enjoyed it. Saw at the Galaxy Theatre near Highland during the morning hours and it was great - not many people there, comfortable chairs.
looking forward to Wall e as well.

Angela O. said...

but one warning about the theatre we saw KFP - tix were expensive $6.50 each. I thought that was high.

Karen said...

honestly, I thought The Happening was dumb. Kind of really cheesy, and I wish I had spent my money on something else. We just got out of the theater. It does leave a good question unanswered, which might make it worth it to you to see it, but you might wait for the dollar movie or rental.