Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Have I Done?

My evil sister-in-law Rebecca tagged me. The things in bold I have done, the things not in bold I have not done:

1. Started your own blog - Maybe someday

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band

4. Visited Hawaii - born there

5. Watched a meteor

6. Given to charity

7. Been to Disneyland

8. Climbed a mountain - do large hills count?

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo - led singing but no one followed

11. Bungee jumped - No, no, no...

12. Visited Paris - France, but not Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I painted but not sure if I can say taught myself

15. Adopted a child - alas...

16. Had food poisoning - thought I was going to die and welcomed the prospect

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train - took the train across country as a kid

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Drank an entire Sonic Route 66 by yourself

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - the Devil made me do it

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping - In France in the Navy, funny story

27. Run a Marathon - No, no, no...

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse - not total

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise - yes!

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Traced your family tree at least 4 generations

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Learned a new language - not very well...

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - satisfied, me?

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing - very small rocks

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke - badly

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Swam with a dolphin

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted - at Disneyland as a kid

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain - yes, yes, yes

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - sigh

55. Been IN a movie - videos but not movies

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Cut your own hair - bad habit when I get nervous

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching - seen whales but not whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving - No, no, no...

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check - The Devil made me do it

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar - tastes a lot like fish eggs

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Driven a stick shift - '69 Mustang

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book - accepted but did not write it

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible - not in one sitting

86. Visited the White House - seen it but did not go inside

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - I have others do my dirty work

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury - twice

91. Met someone famous

92. Read an entire series of books by one author

93. Lost a loved one - Grandparents

94. Had a baby - not me personally

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Seen the Pacific Ocean

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person

101. Learned to play an instrument - really I play the amp more than the guitar.

I tag Mark, Mary Ann, Aggie, Perry and Bettina.

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well I figured you didn't have enough going on at your house and you might be bored. So I thought I would give you something to do...fill out a survey. But you have to admit it was kind of cool :)

You must share your story of skinny dipping sometime.

Chris said...

I will share my story if you will share yours....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag but I pass. I'm too hot to think about it all. The skinny dipping sounds tempting right about now. Lol!
I suspect you are fibbing on a few of these?

Chris said...

We are allowed to pass?!? Now you tell me...

Which ones do you think I am fibbing?

Perry H. said...

Thanks for the tag Chris!

Anonymous said...

#1 and #3 for a start! Lol!

Euromark said...

that is a lot - 101 things! you can't be too young to take this -lol.

Chris said...

OK, I was fibbing on #1, but I can not remember ever playing in a band.

Euromark said...

here is my response: 1,6,8,9,10,12,13,18,19,20,21,26,30,34,36,37,54,55,66,68,69,70,74,82, 84,85,88,93,95,98,99,101
These are things I have done/experienced. This is a lot easier than trying to cut and paste the list into my blog - I can't figure that one out yet.

Anonymous said...

I remember a video of you and your guitar (and boxers, so a one man band at least! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Nearly time for another monthly instalment?

Chris said...

Every time I post something I get in trouble.

Euromark said...

A middle-aged man can "get in trouble"? Who is still mothering you... lol..... it looks like you are the one wearing the Santa hat in the photo....

Chris said...

Yea, that is right. "Back off or no presents for you next Christmas..."

Angela O. said...

You've hit a home run? I'm very impressed. I think the most I've hit is a double. And that's softball.