Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Working 2 Jobs


Well I am working 2 jobs. I was not too tired yesterday, my first day (after getting off a 12 hour shift from my first job), but I got sent home after only a couple of hours because the contract was not quite right. So anyway I worked a full day today and completed my first deliverable which was a report on thier current server configuration. They seemd happy with it, and are taking action on a couple things that I pointed out.

On the other hand they only want me to come in half a day tomorrow. I am not sure this job is going to work out because I am really looking for steady employment, and not employment on an on-call basis. I think I will let me contracting company know that if a steady job comes up I will take it.

6 comments:

Perry H. said...

Cool, that means you won't be deserting me then? No, seriously, I do hope things turn out the best for you - you're a good guy and u deserve it. Keep plugging away!

Chris said...

Hey bud, never fear. I have no plans to quit Oracle. I was just trying to earn some extra $$$. 6 kids is expensive you know.

I only got three hours today, tho, so does not look like I will be getting rich anytime soon.

joanne said...

Two jobs, I don't know how anyone does that. But I don't know how someone has six kids without going mildly insane either.

Amy said...

I keep tellin' you: Come work for me! Or at least send me one of your young uns.

Chris said...

It is certainly possible that I am going mildly insane Joanne...

Only one Amy?

Rebecca said...

Well I'm glad that you stayed awake during your first day, but that is too bad that it might not be steady. Maybe something even better will come up. If anyone deserves to go insane, it is definitely you!