Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bonobo or Chimp?


According to the Columbus Zoo a primary difference between Chimps and Bonobos is that "Chimps resolve sex issues with power; bonobos resolve power issues with sex. Bonobos believe in "make love, not war." Chimps are known for making war."

Which one are you more like?

17 comments:

Perry H. said...

I'd like to have all the gals think I'm a Bonobo, but I'm probably chimp all the way. How the hell did you come up with this anyway? Your sources amaze me. I'm stuck with my dull life..:O)

Henry Melton said...

I was just at the Bonobo area a couple of hours ago (at the San Diego Zoo) where they talked about Bonobo's being called Pigmy Chimps. They are smaller. I wonder if that might have something to do with it.

Anonymous said...

I'm e e e ooga ooga

Anonymous said...

I am Chimp, watch me ROAR!

Callie said...

It all depends on the time of the month, and how confident I feel.

;-)

Henry Melton said...

Just came back from SD Wildlife Park, where we saw some more. Narrator said Bonobo's were matriarchical. The females controlled all the resources.

Anonymous said...

HM: Thank you for that informative piece of information.
Every female commenting on this blog just changed her vote to Bonobo. Yee Ha!!

Chris said...

But the Bonobos put out...so naturally they control the men. Unlike humans...

Anonymous said...

Henry, thanks for the live reports...this is great!

Anonymous said...

RA: Is your hubby complaining that you don't 'put out' after all those children? I'd break something of his if I were you.

Chris said...

Its been hours, and still nothing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, if he doesn't watch out, those shin splints WILL be casted...

Chris said...

Oh! Now you are ganging up on me!

Anonymous said...

Yup. We Bonobo's-in-charge have got to stick together to overcome recalcitrant (obstinately disobedient) male chimps

Chris said...

A periodic spanking would not suffice?

Anonymous said...

You would cry like a baby

Chris said...

No doubt. LOL.