This new job was a real mess. The wiring was atrocious. Nothing was labeled. It was a giant spaghetti of colored cables. They have these little UPSes that are paired off for redundancy, but they overloaded them, so that if one fails, the other can no longer supply the power and it all comes crashing down. I already talked about the data center outtage they are having, which seems to be completely under planned for. I cannot even get a list of machines, so there is no way I can make sure they are accounted for.
Anyway, I have jury duty this upcoming week, and I am thinking I will not be going back there. I have a couple of interviews with people who I applied with before, and also the people that I did some part time work for want me to do some more, so I think I am going to go that route.

8 comments:
Sounds like the way to go Chris. That job sounds like it really sucked!
Besides we miss you too much when you are away working all the time *smile*
I'm glad you had that option. Too bad it didn't work out!
It sounds like they really need you, but I understand not wanting the job! I'm glad that you have other options.
It's good to have options.
Jury duty? wouldnt that count as a THIRD Job? poor Chris is wearing himself thin these days. take a break man.
Yeah, quit working so hard here too! No more nights like last night!! :O)
Well, I know that they need me at that motivated me some at first, but the whole sabotage your computer if you turn your back for a second thing got old real quick. It might be cute if they had thier act together, but the data center was such a wreck, and the need so immediate that I thought thier time could be better used. So I lost sympathy.
It is good to have options. I appreciate that not everyone has that luxury, and I do consider it a great luxury. Life is hard and relatively short, so one might as well take advantage of what luxuries one can, I think. I had the luxury of being able to try out a job, before I committed. I find it kind of sweet, because companies have long had the reverse. They typically hire people as contracters so they can easily let them go if they do not like them.
wow, some day you had...dun worry too much dude, it will work out:)
Post a Comment