Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Of Course...


So I get a second job to tie up all of my time. Of course as soon as I do that, the book contract that I have been waiting on for months, and to whom I have sent repeated messages asking about the status, and that I had finally given up on, comes through. I have until August 15th to write the book. Ooh boy. I am going to be very busy.

Yesterday I interviewd for another job with a financial company that I would like even more than the job I got. It was a grueling 4 hour interview and I met with 10 people (5 sessions of 2 people). It seemed to go pretty good. Not perfect, but not bad. I should hear something on Friday. I am not quite as hot on the job as I was. The business is still very interesting. They have no customers and no product. They just use computers to suck money out of the financial markets. But I would work Sunday through Thursday to coincide with the Asian markets and not Monday through Friday as I was expecting. So the bottom line would be that I would never get to go to church. I would miss Eric and Amy.

It is still raining here. We have had more rain so far this year than we have had all of last year put together. We are totally Seattle now. Not that I am complaining.

We are supposed to go to The Baileys for a 4th of July party today. Hopefully he will let me jam on his axe.

Happy Birthday United States of America!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

A four hour interview? Wow! I hope you get the job, it does sound like an interesting job. That's too bad you wouldn't be able to go to church.

Anonymous said...

Oops, totally missed the 4th July as we don't mark it here ... but hope you all had a blast of a day of fun.
Sounds like a gruelling job interview, but it might make it all the more sweeter if you get it.
Good luck.

Bettina said...

Two jobs, a book deal and possibly another job? Is that all you do? And what are you gonna do in the afternoon?

Amy said...

Your absence would cut the attendance of the portable class in half. That would be a real shame.